Before you become an official student, you will be given 20 hours of online learning material. This prework will familiarize you with what a computer is, how operating systems work and what networks are. This knowledge will get you ready for learning Cybersecurity and prepared to thrive in our fast-paced learning process during the bootcamp.
In Module 1 (weeks 1-4) we will onboard you on everything that is necessary to have a cybersecurity mindset:
- Basics of computer, device hardware, software, processes, networking traffic, routing protocols, etc.
- Hands-on operation of a computer network, analysis of network topologies, use of virtual machines
- System and network admin concepts, management principles and controls
- Overview of threats, classes, attackers, tactics and security principles, protocols, components and architectures.
In this module (weeks 5-8) you will learn how to understand and build a security program as well as to identify and tackle the principles and most common threats in today’s environment:
- Assessment of Access Controls and Hardening Techniques to ensure a network's security, as well as learning how to configurate and use a Firewall.
- Development of your own detection and prevention system as well as use & configuration of an event management system to detect and analyze threats.
- Deep dive on cyber-forensic methodologies and investigation.
- Performance of a vulnerability and compliance scanning as well as reporting of an incident response, a damage assessment or an incident triage, along with tracking and monitoring.
During the last module of the Bootcamp (weeks 9-12) you will be starting to protect real time Cyber Attacks while improving your acquired knowledge in previous modules, performing a security analysis and architecture evaluation as well as running static and dynamic analysis from different data sources.
- Analysis of cyber-defense and system security trends
- Risk and security management process
- Advising on disaster recovery, contingency and continuity.
- Final hands-on scenarios to establish the pillars of your new rock solid knowledge to get you prepared for your new career!
To ensure the safety of our students and staff, we have migrated all ongoing and upcoming classes to a remote learning environment. Learn more about Our response to COVID-19
DepositOur courses fill up fast. Secure your spot at Ironhack by making an advance deposit when you are accepted into the program. Deposit amount: 750€
Do you need help with the payment? Our financing options help you find the support you need so you can focus on your career and developing new skills.
Loans for Dutch Residents. Maximum loan amount is €10,000. Penalty-free early repayment is always possible. Current applicable interest rate is 12.9%. Loans are extended for 12, 24 or 36 months. Monthly repayments, for example: €5,000 over 3 years (monthly payment is €166) or €7,500 over 3 years (monthly payment is €250)
Don’t want to take out a loan but still want to pay your tuition in smaller installments? Ironhack can help! We allow for tuition payments to be deferred until you begin your training! This option is available to all Ironhack Amsterdam students! Once you’ve made your deposit, you will not have to pay anything until the beginning of your first month at the bootcamp. Tuition is divided into three payments, each equaling 33% of the total tuition which will be paid at the end of the Bootcamp.
TechMeUp offers talented students, from underrepresented groups, a financial peace of mind by providing them financial assistance. They do this by issuing interest-free loans from 2,500, 5,000 and 7,500 euro, intended for training fees and/or living allowance. Students will pay the money back once they have a job, which means that they pay for the next participants training money and/or living allowance.
The tech community suffers from a gender gap, which is why we are proud to promote women in tech with an upfront scholarship of 10% off for any of our Web Development and Data Analytics courses.
The day begins with a lecture and demonstration from the Lead Teacher, who is a cyber security expert. Once the lecture and demonstration is complete, students will spend the remainder of the class working through the material in the LMS (Learning Management System) with the help and support of TAs and fellow students. The LMS material is dynamic, hands-on and enaging. Each day will be a little different and full of practical challenges. There are videos, quizzes, games, and simulations in which they will learn to hack and defend real Linux and Windows systems.
We are committed to helping you start your career in tech. Our financing options range from traditional loans to pay-for-success models so you can choose the option that best fits your needs. Simply get in touch with our admissions team and they will give you more information about the available options.Get in touch with our Admissions team